.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: A Role playing MA Pangaea Faction (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36407)

Juzza October 15th, 2007 05:52 AM

Re: mod: A Role playing MA Pangaea Faction

oh, yeah early mistake for new modders, I'm surprised i didn't clear it up for you.

Some users can't open .rar files so you have to post everything in .zip

Quenetar October 15th, 2007 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<font color="red">ZIP</font> file in attachment

HoneyBadger October 29th, 2007 06:04 PM

I'd just like to mention that, although I'm all in favor of variety, and you've done a lot of good work here, if you want to keep things mythologically consistent, then harpies only come in the female variety.

A male harpy might make a nice hero or other rare unit, with a backstory, but to add them just to correct a *percieved* lack, for the sake of roleplaying, rather than to add a new and useful unit, would be false in this particular case. It would be like adding another eye to the cyclops, just because human beings happen to have two eyes.

Dryads are the same, all female, and wedded to their trees.

Ofcourse, you're free to do what you like.

Sombre October 29th, 2007 11:16 PM

But in Dom3 Pangaea they aren't mythological creatures, they're a common race, like the birds you might find in your garden. Look at how many die in PD efforts. I don't think it's unreasonable to think they have male and female sexes.

Humakty October 30th, 2007 07:12 AM

It's true for all the factions in the game, why not a female Illithid ? I don't see why pangaea would need to have all units in twice the number needed. In most human civs, women are expected to take care of children (at medieval time).
So why the children of pangaea couldn't have their mother/father at home ?
It just seem to make redundant units. Only the true new units(ie : dryad slinger) are interesting, because I think pangaea could use a more diverse OB.

Sombre October 30th, 2007 07:16 AM

Why not a female illithid? Because Quenetar hasn't made a mod improving Rlyeh yet.

This mod isn't my cup of tea at all, but I can understand what he was going for and I think he made a great job of it.

Quenetar April 23rd, 2013 11:55 AM

Re: A Role playing MA Pangaea Faction

Hi all,

After several years (!) I had give an update to my old mod : Pangaea Improved.
A few tweaks and some improvements. The biggest change is to also alter early pangaea and late pangaea.

The v1.02 mod file is in the first post of the thread.

Quenetar.