.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Map: Divine Right 2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41796)

Endoperez January 6th, 2009 11:42 AM

Re: Divine Right 2

There seem to be few neighbouring problems, but I'll post about them later. No real problems, though, just few provinces that look like they might be missing a province or two.

There's awesome amount of detail in here. I lost an Ulmish army against elephants in the Pelennor field (Mûmakil!), but that might have been just a coincidence, but there were many nice things that were purposedly put in.

Gandalf Parker January 6th, 2009 12:21 PM

Some of the larger maps like to create "seaport" cities and connect them across the water to create important chokepoints and to speed up late-game.
Just mentioning it.

I also can fully appreciate the work of good naming of provinces on a map this large. It really lends to the role playing of the game. Thank you.

Aristander January 6th, 2009 10:10 PM

Thanks everyone.

I have posted on mediafire, a zip file with the .map and art file. I also have posted a .map file with the fix to province 39 and 36 thanks Humakty for pointing it out.
I am proud of the naming as I worked hard to make it thematic. Most nations I used what mythical names I could. With Ulm I did not use German myth because it is just too close to Norse so I used Tolkien instead. Abysia I just made up myself but I think the evil names fit very well.
I wish I could say I set specific troops in provinces but I have not been brave enough to try that yet.
Honestly I have not played enough to games to judge the "seaport" idea but I would defer to your experience. I wanted the caves as a way to help move troops fast but I see that having the caves also set as mountains slows down the troop movement through the Argatha area. Should I change them to border mountains? I also see a lot of nations have the same terrain to a greater extent then I had intended. I will have to mix it up more in the next map. Oh I also want to know if people like the global projection or would prefer a rectangular map?

Gandalf Parker January 6th, 2009 10:58 PM

Setting specific population types and defense units can be done by map commands. I do it a lot. But on map this large and beautiful I would not recommend it. It lowers the replay ability of the map.

You might do it as a "scenario map" if you want to add all that and specific sites, then offer it only as an alternative .map file.

The global view was a welcome change but Im not sure if it would be a preference. Altho THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for doing a global correctly. Wrapped east to west but the poles only link to themselves.

PashaDawg January 9th, 2009 11:03 PM

Wow! Nice update, Aristander.

Thank you for such a nice map! :)

Pasha

darloth January 19th, 2009 03:43 PM

Province 57 : "Basalt Halls of Atlantis" is not, actually, a sea province. Is this intentional? It didn't seem so as there are no graphical hints such as massive tunnels at the edges of the sea, or a huge floating city, or what have you.

Aristander January 20th, 2009 10:31 PM

Oops, thanks Darloth it should be a deep sea province. I have fixed the error so just download the updated divine right 2.map file at

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...60aad8a02bd7b1
Enjoy.

darloth March 21st, 2009 02:45 PM

Looks like The Stormy Deep (154) isn't a sea province either. I'm guessing it should be deepsea given its colouration and name.

GunslingerV November 12th, 2012 05:59 AM

Hi,

This looks like a great map, but both of the mediafire download links are dead. Can someone who has this map re-upload it?

Thanks,

GunslingerV

Aristander January 16th, 2013 12:37 PM

I have re-uploaded the files. Enjoy

Aristander