.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Korea 1950 scenarios and maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51719)

Weasel October 13th, 2017 01:29 PM

Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

1 Attachment(s)
Hell's Highway and Chanjin (Chosin) plus 6 maps, two of which are terrain heights only which can be populated at player's whim.

shahadi October 14th, 2017 09:26 PM

Re: Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

Great text, background, and well sourced. I was thrown for a loop by "Hell's Highway" in North Korea rather than at Operation Market Garden.

Thanks for the post.

<br>

shahadi October 16th, 2017 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Weasel, I want to reach out to you regarding the depiction of rice paddies. The rice paddies appear as black areas on the map. Is this consistent with your maps? Please see my attachment.

On another issue, unrelated, secondary really is the title of the scenario. The scen text has "Hell's Highway," yet the scen title is "Heartbreak Highway July 1950."

Okay, I have a suggestion, offered not as criticism, insert scouts as leading elements of the column.

<br>

DRG October 16th, 2017 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shahadi (Post 839887)
Weasel, I want to reach out to you regarding the depiction of rice paddies. The rice paddies appear as black areas on the map. Is this consistent with your maps? Please see my attachment.

<br>

They are OK in my copy of the game. The only way you get voids like that is if you are missing SHP files.....so it looks like YOU are missing SHP files......

TER42 - Rice Paddy

TER43 - Rice Paddy, Hills

you should see these in your graphics folder

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1508190978

shahadi October 17th, 2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 839893)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shahadi (Post 839887)

<br>

They are OK in my copy of the game. The only way you get voids like that is if you are missing SHP files.....so YOU are missing SHP files......

TER42 - Rice Paddy

TER43 - Rice Paddy, Hills

you should see these in your graphics folder

Yes, I see the SHP files in the Graphics. However, I still see voids. So, I installed the scenario on my desktop and viola, the map is as I would expect, not one single void.

So, on my Dell Mini-10, in windowed mode at GDI, I get voids on this scenario. While on my desktop with windowed and GDI I get a clean map. Ordinarily, I run the desktop at windowed directx. Not sure if any of this makes a "hill of beans" difference.

<br>

Mobhack October 17th, 2017 01:13 AM

Mini 10 seems to be a netbook, not a PC as such?. Likely it falls short in graphics processor, and/or sheer RAM compared to even a basic desktop. The processor is also likely to be a cut-down model too.

The difference between GDI mode and DirectX mode used to be noticeable back in 2005 and before. Not so much with modern processors, graphics chips and the amounts of RAM that modern PCS come with. You may want to try changing between the modes, but most likely its a limit in RAM I'd suspect.

I vaguely recall having an Asus netbook back then, and as far as I recall it could not hack the game. But it was only for note-taking and logging into the university's network to read class schedules etc which it did kinda-sorta OK. It could not hack even basic coursework programming - so I got an IBM laptop very quickly and gave the netbook to someone friend or family who only needed something basic.

DRG October 17th, 2017 08:32 AM

Well that's a new one for me ! Odd it would be rice paddies that didn't run

Weasel October 17th, 2017 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for delay, I have been busy recording and editing music lately. Heartbreak is the 3rd one I was working on, got my titles messed up, sorry about that. Scenario 361 should be Hell's Highway.

**correct scenario title for slot 361 attached, Hell's Highway**

shahadi October 18th, 2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 839897)
Mini 10 seems to be a netbook, not a PC as such?. Likely it falls short in graphics processor, and/or sheer RAM compared to even a basic desktop. The processor is also likely to be a cut-down model too.

The difference between GDI mode and DirectX mode used to be noticeable back in 2005 and before. Not so much with modern processors, graphics chips and the amounts of RAM that modern PCS come with. You may want to try changing between the modes, but most likely its a limit in RAM I'd suspect.

I vaguely recall having an Asus netbook back then, and as far as I recall it could not hack the game. But it was only for note-taking and logging into the university's network to read class schedules etc which it did kinda-sorta OK. It could not hack even basic coursework programming - so I got an IBM laptop very quickly and gave the netbook to someone friend or family who only needed something basic.

Yeah the Dell Mini-10 is not a robust laptop, however, the weight, reduced size, made it an excellent note taker, and made my job at the time with extensive work in Excel and Access convenient between home and the office.

About the game, I can run the game, mobhack,scenhack, and chrome browser simultaneously without a hitch. Only this scenario threw me for a loop.

Not a big deal.

Hey Weasel thanks for kindly looking into the title issue.

<br>

Warwick October 21st, 2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 839897)

I have have used Asus netbooks 901 and 900HA to run the games for many years without a hitch.