.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Scenario: WW3: The Duck Hunt (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52031)

SaS TrooP August 19th, 2018 01:54 PM

WW3: The Duck Hunt

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, after a longer break a new scenario from WW3 2020 series and the second one with Romania.

In this scenario you control the best Romanian mechanized brigade holding a strong defensive position near Focsani. Previous actions lured the Russian forces in for the bridge. Now you are not that much at disadvantage and there is a chance for entire regiment annihilation.

But watch for losses, your high tier equipment is not replacable!

Aeraaa August 19th, 2018 02:09 PM

Re: WW3: The Duck Hunt

Goddammit Sas, I just took a break from the game and you drag me right back into it! :lol

Thanks for the scenario, will check it when I have time and an AAR will be in the works then.

SaS TrooP August 20th, 2018 01:37 PM

There is another one big coming for WW2 rather quickly - just mentioning :v

zovs66 January 3rd, 2019 08:37 AM

I noticed a potential issue with the scenario text. I don't think the game supports funky characters?

Quote:

Design by: Marcin "SaS TrooP" Ka³u¿a*

SaS TrooP January 5th, 2019 12:49 PM

Works fine by my computer, but noted for future reference :P

Mobhack January 5th, 2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zovs66 (Post 844242)
I noticed a potential issue with the scenario text. I don't think the game supports funky characters?

Quote:

Design by: Marcin "SaS TrooP" Ka³u¿a*

No - as stated somewhere in the Game Guide, no "foreign" ASCII as that can cause a hard crash. It must be USA (and UK etc) English ASCII, no umlauts or cidillas or graves etc. The game uses old-style 1 byte character US ASCII, not modern Windows format International wide characters.

It may be that on a comuter with the correct national keyboard and other stuff that it can work, but the usual result to others who dont have the correct character set installed is a crash or lock-up if trying to display non-English ASCII.

DRG January 6th, 2019 09:31 AM

In this case the game handles it but I have seen cases in the past where it just shuts down when faced with non-standard ASCII but that was way back when it was still DOS but what shows up......Ka³u¿a* is the result of trying to produce Kałuża and the game does not have ł or żin it's fonts so it's necessary to anglicise names so Kałuża needs to be Kaluza just as Logroño needs to be Logrono and Lundström needs to be Lundstrom

USUALLY I find things like this before it goes in the patch but I missed that one