.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Removing restricted nations tag from summons (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43549)

hEad July 10th, 2009 06:55 AM

Removing restricted nations tag from summons

I am trying to figure out besides using #clear, how to allow all nations to cast a specific nations unique summons? Can it be done? or must I clear the monster and rebuild the stats manually?

Specifically, any way to remove the restricted tag from summons?

Sombre July 10th, 2009 07:14 AM

Re: Removing restricted nations tag from summons

If it's a unique summon with a random selection from a limited set of uniques, like the tlaloques etc, then you're out of luck I believe. If it's a unique summon with a single target you just overwrite the national spell with your own non national version of it.

hEad July 10th, 2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 700724)
If it's a unique summon with a single target you just overwrite the national spell with your own non national version of it.

This one. :)

So essentially, i have to create a totally new spell which summons a say, Monster Boar and not use #copyspell which presumably would still copy the #restricted tag?

If i have to create a new spell to achive this, how many new spell slots are there?

Sombre July 10th, 2009 09:51 AM

You wouldn't need to use a new spell slot, you'd just selectspell the original and overwrite it. At least I think that'd work.

And yes, afaik (I don't have the modding pdf here) you can't use the copyspell command because you can't undo a nation restriction.

hEad July 10th, 2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 700751)
You wouldn't need to use a new spell slot, you'd just selectspell the original and overwrite it. At least I think that'd work.

And yes, afaik (I don't have the modding pdf here) you can't use the copyspell command because you can't undo a nation restriction.

How is selectspell different than copyspell? Doesn't select spell still obtain the original atributes and allow you to extend them? Hmmm, I'll have to look into it.

One other thing if i may, How does one go about creating a new misc item and giving it the same capabilites as a Shrowd? ie, Can i create a misc item to produce a blessed/holy effect? The PDF is a bit vague on this - or I am, but i cant seem to find the info.

Thanks for your help Sombre! :up:

Sombre July 10th, 2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

How is selectspell different than copyspell? Doesn't select spell still obtain the original atributes and allow you to extend them? Hmmm, I'll have to look into it.

One other thing if i may, How does one go about creating a new misc item and giving it the same capabilites as a Shrowd? ie, Can i create a misc item to produce a blessed/holy effect? The PDF is a bit vague on this - or I am, but i cant seem to find the info.

Thanks for your help Sombre! :up:
Selectspell actually changes the spell you've selected, it doesn't copy it to a new slot then make changes. Same thing with #selectmonster and #copystats/#copyspr.

Item modding is limited to cost/paths/research level/sprite and the weapon/armor assigned when the item is equipped. So you can't do anything like the shroud effect, though you could turn the shroud into a helmet graphic called "Helm of God" or something and have it give a head armour also called "Helm of God" with some incredible prot value.

hEad July 11th, 2009 02:31 AM

[quote=Sombre;700766]
Quote:

Item modding is limited to cost/paths/research level/sprite and the weapon/armor assigned when the item is equipped. So you can't do anything like the shroud effect, though you could turn the shroud into a helmet graphic called "Helm of God" or something and have it give a head armour also called "Helm of God" with some incredible prot value.
Now this is cool, check this out:

#newitem
#selectitem 168
#name "Shroud of the Battle Saint"
#descr "A handy pocket sized Shroud"
#Constlevel 0
#mainpath 4
#mainlevel 1
#copyspr 168
#type 8
#end

Now we have an Misc item with the Shroud of the Battle Saint effect. I'm going to put this to use.

hEad July 11th, 2009 02:51 AM

er false alarm. Now it doesn't work - whats going on..

Burnsaber July 11th, 2009 03:02 AM

You have a capital letter in the #constlevel line...

hEad July 11th, 2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnsaber (Post 700901)
You have a capital letter in the #constlevel line...

You bloody champion. - the nail the hoof the mod! :)

A quirk however, it doesn't like being in the astral path. In fire however, it works a treat.

#selectitem 168
#name "Shroud of the Battle Saint"
#descr "A handy pocket sized Shroud"
#constlevel 0
#mainpath 0
#mainlevel 1
#copyspr 168
#type 8
#end

Thanks for the eyeball Burnsabre - that was getting me a tad wound up!