.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Satina the Teenage Witch (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43733)

sansanjuan August 6th, 2009 09:52 PM

Satina the Teenage Witch

1 Attachment(s)
Satina (attachment) is quite the looker. I'm sure the veterans have met her many times but this is the first I've seen her (practice game). What stats for an indy! That could be a game changer if you could charm her. Has anyone? Please give us the story if there is an interesting one. ;)
-ssj

SalsaDoom August 7th, 2009 12:13 AM

Re: Satina the Teenage Witch

oh man, with those kind of magic skills out of the box it would be a shame to put her down. Oh, and I know I would to, I'd rush in there, like I always do, with a bunch of pissy soldiers and knights who wouldn't know restraint if they were in cuffs.

And the opportunity would be lost forever ;( I'd be worth going threw a few astral mages to get an enslave mind off. ;P

Frozen Lama August 7th, 2009 12:30 AM

Kinda funny that she "specializes in astral and air magic" yet has no air magic

NTJedi August 7th, 2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 704651)
Satina (attachment) is quite the looker. I'm sure the veterans have met her many times but this is the first I've seen her (practice game). What stats for an indy! That could be a game changer if you could charm her. Has anyone? Please give us the story if there is an interesting one. ;)
-ssj

Buy a druid, equip with thistle mace, lantern shield, moonvine, and assassins heart, perform an assassination on the province and start spamming charm. The summons from the lantern shield will delay anything she might summon. Perhaps include brimstone boots so she doesn't try any fire magic on the druid. Probably want to leave the body slot empty in case you end up killing her you'll still pickup that awesome robe.

Calahan August 7th, 2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTJedi (Post 704667)
Buy a druid, equip with thistle mace, lantern shield, moonvine, and assassins heart, perform an assassination on the province and start spamming charm. The summons from the lantern shield will delay anything she might summon. Perhaps include brimstone boots so she doesn't try any fire magic on the druid. Probably want to leave the body slot empty in case you end up killing her you'll still pickup that awesome robe.

If you use assassins to charm commanders then you need to rememeber that if the Charm succeeds, then your brand new commander will have to fight whatever is in the province on the same turn, as it will appear as your unit in the same province. So no point going through the effort of getting yourself a sparkly new mage if they then just die trying to kill an entire army themselves.

Humakty August 7th, 2009 04:42 AM

You can send in an army on the same turn, but I wonder if they'll fight together. Anyone knows for sure ?

K August 7th, 2009 03:43 PM

Yeh, there is a shortlist of awesome indies you can run into. I like her, as well as he Air6 guy that shows up.

Tolkien August 7th, 2009 03:52 PM

Like Bloodhenge Druids. :(
I NEED BLOOD!

sansanjuan August 7th, 2009 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NTJedi (Post 704667)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 704651)
-ssj

Nice tip!

Satina's Threads
I did manage to get the robe off her in the practice game (sounds a bit kinky). Though you can't make it, the specs show 25S, 25E to forge (attached).

I thought it funny that this awesome mage wears a black steel helm. There must be a story behind it...

"I can't get it off!"
or
"I was once hit in the head by a meteor and now take precautions"

-ssj

Tolkien August 7th, 2009 10:30 PM

You can always wish for it!