.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   UI Requests (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47475)

SsSam June 2nd, 2011 01:13 PM

UI Requests

I appreciate the support illwinter has given dom3.
I know that I have received value when I purchased the game.

I have even learned the user interface down to the shift-z to put blood slaved into the lab....and I like it.

Still, I have a couple of areas that would improve my personal UI experience that I don't think would require much effort.

When a site searching message request appears from one of the remote spells. Would it be possible to indicate success/failure on the first line of text? Instead of saying "Bozo has cast Auspex" could it read "Auspex revealed 2 sites in Underhome." Even better would it be possible to change the "go to" to go to the province and not the original caster?

Second.
In the VERY useful Nation overview list (which could get it's own button and I wouldn't mind) would it be possible to sort the list alphabetically? by income? Sort the list so that provinces I do not control but have scouts in are at the bottom of the list? And finally, would it be possible to put an * or mark on the list indicating provinces that I control where I can build stealth leaders such as scouts? Few things are worse than having a 30 province nation and searching province by province to find exactly where I can build a scout.

Thank you again for seven years of great gameplay.

Makinus June 4th, 2011 04:47 PM

Re: UI Requests

Also, can it be added somewhere in the UI (may be optional) a way to scroll the map without needing to move the mouse to the screen borders? I ask because, except for map scrolling, Dom3 is already perfect for playing on tablets... i recently bought a tablet with Win7 and, with the exception for map-scrolling, the game is already perfect for play on tablets...

Kobal2 June 4th, 2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makinus (Post 778307)
Also, can it be added somewhere in the UI (may be optional) a way to scroll the map without needing to move the mouse to the screen borders?

There already is one: the arrows keys.

Makinus June 6th, 2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobal2 (Post 778308)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makinus (Post 778307)
Also, can it be added somewhere in the UI (may be optional) a way to scroll the map without needing to move the mouse to the screen borders?

There already is one: the arrows keys.

That does not apply to tablets: they normally do not have arrow keys.... i was thinking about an actual scroll bar/button on the UI itself...

Johan K June 6th, 2011 08:09 AM

You can also hold down the middle mouse button to drag around the map.

llamabeast June 6th, 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

In the VERY useful Nation overview list (which could get it's own button and I wouldn't mind)
F1.

Also F2-F8 are useful.

marcelteaching June 14th, 2011 04:22 AM

A diplomatic whinge, I find it annoying that it is not possible to read diplomatic messages you have just written. A 'read sent messages' is really useful.

Edi June 14th, 2011 09:26 AM

Not happening for the newest patch.

Probably not later either, because it would require some fairly significant recoding of existing features as well as addition of new ones.