.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   TO&Es (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   More realistic air OOB for USA (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47718)

Douhet83 August 30th, 2011 10:51 PM

More realistic air OOB for USA

2 Attachment(s)
I've taken the standard USA OOB, updated through the 5.5 patch, and made numerous changes to the aircraft units and loadouts for ease of use and historical accuracy. I've also created some weapons that are missing in the stock game such as CBU-87/103 and GBU-39/40 Small Diameter Bomb.

Please see the attached text file for more detail. For those of you trying to recreate the SAM/SEAD fight, please see my comments as to some of the limitations in that area of the current game mechanization.

Enjoy!

Suhiir September 1st, 2011 04:12 AM

Re: More realistic air OOB for USA

For anyone interested my USMC OOB for v5.5 includes a an upgrade/update to the air OOB as well as the ground side.

Douhet83:
May I steal some of your info fro my next update to the USMC OOB?
You obviously know a LOT more about aircraft ordnance then I do.

thatguy96 September 2nd, 2011 04:46 PM

Just some notes and questions.

- What is the "speed" on the OA-10? The fact that AOP aircraft treat speed completely differently from other aircraft types is one of the reason the MOBHack manual suggests staying away from jet FACs.

- On the GMLRS, there have been numerous discussions about ground launched guided missiles with unitary warheads and there has been a consensus that there is no good way to implement this. What method did you use to recreate this?

- While similar, the 70mm DAGR is not the same as the APKWS guidance kit the USAF was working on. The APKWS program has transitioned into the APKWS II program, which is still ongoing. The proposition to develop a 5" APKWS kit for older Zuni rocket motors is also something that still gets tossed around from time to time.

FASTBOAT TOUGH September 3rd, 2011 11:16 AM

Only to the APSWK II, the USMC is the only service using them, for about 1.5 yrs. The USA dropped the program but the USN decided to fund and proceed with it on their own. The USMC has had great success with them in the field particularly in Afghanistan where the guidance systems have reduced "collateral damage" and in some cases given them an improved urban attack capability. The USN and USAF are testing them for their primary ground attack aircraft, respectively the HORNET and A-10 and I believe this is still ongoing or soon to wrap up. You'll have to dig a little but info is in the Helo... & Jets... threads and in the patch post from last season (5.5), APSWK II is in the game now. The difference in accuracy, off the top of head, went from ~15m to less than 1m well worth the investment by the Dept. of the(US)N.

Regards,
Pat

Douhet83 September 11th, 2011 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I realized my original OOB had a disconnect in the level bomber formation; the attached corrects this problem.

jd38011 October 9th, 2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

The ordnance type is also added to the unit name for ease of recognition, such as "F-84E 1000lb" for an F-84E armed with 1000lb bombs.
Thank you very much for this.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D