.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   winSPMBT fans: who are you? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49953)

Simicro September 8th, 2013 05:37 AM

winSPMBT fans: who are you?

Hi all,

I thought it would be interesting to know our profile as a community.

Due to the limitation of the poll I had to make some compromises.

Regarding the timescale for "I've been playing Steel Panthers since..." I divided the choices between the pre/post winSPWW2/winSPMBT era by Camo Workshop.

Please note that this poll is actually a combination of several "questions" so you are invited to make multiple choices.

whdonnelly September 8th, 2013 08:07 AM

Re: winSPMBT fans: who are you?

It helps when you log in first lol. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Simicro September 8th, 2013 08:11 AM

To answer the poll, normally you should see "boxes" to tick.

The statistics and graph are calculated and drawn automatically by clicking on "View Results".

halstein September 8th, 2013 10:16 AM

The last question "Military Background", what does it mean. I didn't tick, but I have done national service.

Halstein.

Simicro September 8th, 2013 11:13 AM

Thank you for your vote Halstein.

You are right, the last question is not clear.

However I will not edit the poll because there is a risk of resetting the results.

What I meant is: Are you a military professional? Or are you in the military industry?

Mobhack September 8th, 2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halstein (Post 821863)
The last question "Military Background", what does it mean. I didn't tick, but I have done national service.

Halstein.

I think that having spent at least some time in the "proper" .mil environment counts. So regulars, national service, Territorials or National Guard etc - where you have sworn the local military oath and hence "taken the shilling".

The school combined cadet force/ Sea Cadets/Army cadets probably does not really count though. You are not subject to the military there (ie not taken the shilling) - even the teachers who have had officer training are on a special reduced CCF type commission here in the UK (AFAIR).

cheers
Andy

Pats September 8th, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 821865)
Quote:

Originally Posted by halstein (Post 821863)

Halstein.

I think that having spent at least some time in the "proper" .mil environment counts. So regulars, national service, Territorials or National Guard etc - where you have sworn the local military oath and hence "taken the shilling".

The school combined cadet force/ Sea Cadets/Army cadets probably does not really count though. You are not subject to the military there (ie not taken the shilling) - even the teachers who have had officer training are on a special reduced CCF type commission here in the UK (AFAIR).

cheers
Andy

If I follow this definition I should have had ticked the last question, but thinking more of a professional carrer I didn't
(I served 350 days in the Swiss army...lol )

DRG September 8th, 2013 09:10 PM

Probably the simpest definition of "military service" would be did they give you a uniform and live rounds to practice with. If yes then you have military service. It's not the same as ten years in the SAS but it's still service

halstein September 9th, 2013 07:06 AM

I did get both a uniform, and live rounds that we fired. But mostly I did order plane-tickets and loaded and unloaded a couple of C-130. Maybe I should have ticked military background.:)

Halstein

Aeraaa September 9th, 2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halstein (Post 821876)
I did get both a uniform, and live rounds that we fired. But mostly I did order plane-tickets and loaded and unloaded a couple of C-130. Maybe I should have ticked military background.:)

Halstein

Well I dont think the specifics of the job matter regarding the question "have you served or not?".

It would be interesting to see how many conscripts we have in the forum (count one more! :D )