.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Bug: (Bug) ghost artillery (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50475)

Marder1978 September 19th, 2014 04:58 PM

(Bug) ghost artillery

1 Attachment(s)
I own a Winspww2 CD version (I enjoy this game since DOS version!, and I convinced two of my office partners to but it, as they also play flames of war). Sometimes, I do not why, I cancel all my artillery, but I can still see a bombard target wich is fired in the next turn :confused:
Now, 3 offboard artillery units has been disappeared, but they still keep bombarding the targets I did setup in the first turn :confused:
I upload the save file (the artillery units are AZ0, AZ1 and AZ2, well, I dont now if they have disappeared or is the next button in the artillery setup that has disappeared.
The save file is from a long campaign, I play as german (10-1942), battle type is advance, standard OOBs, 7.11-CD version.

scorpio_rocks September 19th, 2014 05:59 PM

Re: (Bug) ghost artillery

It is possible for off board artillery to go "off net" ie lose radio contact. During this time they will not appear on the bombardment screen and will continue to do what they were doing ie nothing or continue bombardment.

They should, hopefully, manage to reestablish contact in a turn or so and will come back under command (appearing on the bombardment screen, etc).

scorpio_rocks September 19th, 2014 06:20 PM

Edit button not working:

This IS what has happened here - If you look at the Headquarters Menu (quick key H) you will see the unit AZ0 the battery command has a red R in the radio coloumn indicating it has a radio but is out of contact.

Play a couple of turns and it comes back "on line"

Marder1978 September 20th, 2014 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have played I couple of turns, artillery radio "R" is not in red, and it is still unavailable in the artillery screen :( I attach another save file (turn 8)

scorpio_rocks September 20th, 2014 08:31 PM

Yep no longer out of contact on turn 8 and available to order on turn 9 (show on bombardment screen) when I play...

I got it turn 5 from the original turn 3 save.

Marder1978 September 21st, 2014 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Turn 11 and artillery is still unavailable on bombardment screen, and is from the same save file, so something else is happening :confused: I attach again the save game file

Mobhack September 21st, 2014 05:37 PM

No bug. The game is doing what was said on the side of the tin.

The batteries are doing exactly what you told them to do when you programmed them in the pre-game deployment.

As to exactly why you were pounding your own deployment zone, I leave that up to you. (I would have plotted the barrage inside the Russian zone, myself. And if all they were to do was run a programme till the ammo ran out, I would have bought them as G/S as it is much cheaper).

See the Game Guide, Release history section, release 7.0 subsection. Refer to the paragraph beginning "Please note that once a pre-planned bombardment has been set..." - especially the part that is in bold.

Andy

Marder1978 September 22nd, 2014 03:56 AM

mmm... ok, so it was my mistake as I did a pre-planned bombardment without being aware of it :doh:

scorpio_rocks September 22nd, 2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 826652)
The batteries are doing exactly what you told them to do when you programmed them in the pre-game deployment.

Opps sorry missed that as you said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marder1978 (Post 826599)
...I cancel all my artillery...

so i did to just to be sure and never saw the prebombardment set - sorry