View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default apparent cpu filling virus?.

Can anyone tell me if they know of something that might cause applications to use up all my cpu. A friend has suggested using ad-aware and cwshredder, but the problem is any attempt to run or install such software of course runs an application and my cpu freezes. Cwshredder for example claims when running that it is only 45% but it takes the total from 0 to 100. Luckily for the moment it still allows SE4 and my internet conncetion to work, so I can do turns. I am supposed to have an up to date virus detector, but ever since i upgraded the software Last week I have had nothing but trouble. Any help would be appreciated. If I need to take it to the shop then thats a day or two I can't do my turns.

edit: bit more info. I can run Internet explorer, msn messenger and word, as well as se4. But realdownload, cwshredder, and installing windows patches causes a freeze. Also when I start my system something called OSP is filling the CPU, and theres a number of processes called PCC that might be my pc-cillin but I'm not sure.

[ March 12, 2004, 11:55: Message edited by: Randallw ]