View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2000, 03:06 AM

Sergeant

nerfman is on a distinguished road
Default Ideas for More goodies

Until about a week ago, I have never heard of SE3, much less SE4. Anyway, I have had a very enjoyable week although I think my wife might be getting a little peeved. Here are a few ideas for some goodies to add:

1) Missile Pods/External Ordnance Racks: Just like out of Honor Harrington or Imperial Starfire. These seekers would be coded as armor, so they would take damage first (they are outside the hull after all). Set the fire rate to 30 and you have a one shot missile attack. This opens up a lot interesting possibilities from a tactical point of view.

2) Anti-Fighter/Anti-Missile Missiles: (Say that fast three times) Use these birds for wide area defense of your fleet. They would be bulky and fire slow, but could mean the difference in a long range missile duel.

3) Strategic Missiles - By having a weapon system that can be deployed on the strategic map, you open up some avenues. Like in starfire, where you can send a barrage of SBMHAWKs through a warp point and take out any enemy ships/mines that might be laying in wait on the other side.

4) ECCM - This would be like cloaking, but of a more limited nature. One way to do it would be that if a player turned it on, then other players in the system would see a different hull size for the ship. This could be useful of luring in an enemy to a trap or bluffing off a large enemy invasion force.

5) Towing Rig - Use this to pick up stranded or damaged ships, or even better, use it to tow a few battle stations to your opponent's favorite entry warp point.

Anyway these are just a few ideas. Later.