View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2003, 02:22 AM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tweaks to classes

I think the classes text file should be adjusted to fit any new mod that is made. When a person makes a mod, the classes.txt file should be included in it's data folder. (This way, the 'original' classes.txt file could be preserved for when a person plays the original mods.) Any tweaking would then be left to the discretion of the modder. Using this example, my tweaked classes.txt file is available as an alternate. which if people lik, can use in their mods.

As for new player classes, well, the classes.txt file is definately the place to put them. I would think the it might be better to post any new 'player class' as a separate file the modders could them simply cut and paste it into the class mod they are working on. (Kind of like creating 'plugins' once more and more of these are made modders will begin to have a nice base of 'ready-made' 'features' that they could use in their mods. I would also apply this to the xxxtiles.txt files. If someone creates a new look for the wilderness/dungeon, that wilderness or dungeon tiles could be 'plugged' into any new mod.

anyway, I'm just dropping another 2 cents,.. feel free to post comments.

Cheers!