View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2003, 10:58 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nagas and other "lost" pretenders

I've been playing a dragon in Doms I, and have no complaints. I was stuck in a two-way stalemate when my two enemies started coming at me with their pretenders.

Incidently, one enemy pretender was a very deadly naga who, although her army was being repeatedly smashed by mine, would then lay waste to my high-quality troops, who would overrun her and chop at her. The troops caused her several severe afflictions eventually, including the loss of both eyes, but she still laid waste to scores of my elite heavy-armored Ulm infantry, because she cast SOUL VORTEX at the start of the battle, so as they all mobbed her, they died very quickly. That set me back years of game time in progress, and tipped the scales against me...

... until I sent in my own pretender, in dragon form, with "attack commanders" tactics, and gobbled her up. Did it again when she came back. Did the same thing against the other attacking pretender. Dragons are quite potent. My dragon is also #1 or #2 in the hall of heroes, through laying waste to enemies in combat.

Perhaps a human player would have a trick I don't know to take out a dragon?

PvK