Thread: Lifeless.
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Lifeless.

[quote]Originally posted by Chris Byler:
[QB]
Quote:
I think that all lifeless units (which should include the rocks, if any of them aren't lifeless that's definitely a bug) are immune to poison and disease (they can get disease but it doesn't affect them).
I have poisoned both a Fountain of Blood and an Oracle as of yet. I don't know whether this is intentional or not; but they have both died from poison hits and affected by a few rounds of poison. (I.E. I look at their hp before poison 'effect' shown, and then after, and they have lower hp)

Quote:
Some rocks *can* lose body parts - a sphinx has eyes, a sacred statue has both eyes and arms (although I don't remember if it can wield any weapons with its arms). Others shouldn't be able to (Monolith). Rocks that have heads should be able to lose them (unlike living beings, which can't lose all their heads without dying). Of course losing all of your heads should also inflict blindness.
I have blinded a Monolith (this is easy to test with Blindness spell), I've had a Oracle and Fountain of Blood Limp, Lost an Eye, Chest Wound, and Never-healing Wound afflictions. I am specificially targeting these 3 units so that when the teleport Ability is taken away, they are still useful. I feel they shouldn't be affected by normal afflictions if they are theoretically a piece of stone with a spirit inhabiting it.

Quote:
Weakened and chest wound should probably have no effect on lifeless units (or be impossible for them to acquire).
I agree

Quote:
I can't comment on the items issue - the only item I've ever noticed on an AI pretender was a crystal heart. Hopefully my Machaka game will be un-stalled when the patch is released...
I feel for you. I haven't found anything of that nature. Though if the AI is worked on in this fashion. I believe it should upgrade it's items in a priority fashion. Not using items that are inherently weak. Like using a Burning Pearl when a Ring of Fire would be better suited for a pretender especially those that are primary casters.