View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Turmoil Race(s) and Playing Them

When you don't have a strong Dominion any new provinces you fight into are in the enemies domain. And there is some sort of weird conflict that you have alot of events because it's your province (Even if it's under Order3) but your luck 3 isn't in effect (Most of the time misfortune) so you will get hit by torrents of Floods, brigands, and uprisings on new territories until your Domain takes control.

Domain isn't a primary concern for Pangaea, just in your territories to keep your luck up for events.

Pan's are usually equipped with Earth Boots so most have at least 3 if not 4 Earth.

Offensive:

One spell I always have scripted is; Iron Bane, which should be self-explanitory.

With Eagle Eye, Blade Wind can be very useful; and since Pans can cast Ironskin and Personal Regeneration I usually put them semi-near the frontline and the Blade Wind can cut through archer brigades. Against heavy armors I use Destruction. Earthquake if they can cast it. Sleep Cloud, Stream of Life, and Poison Cloud for Nature Users and then whatever your random pick is. Fire is a Favorite for; Magma Eruption.

Area spells are useful since most of the time your troops are extremely expendable (Since they are free).

Buffs:

Mass Protection (Let the Dryads cast Protection), Iron Warriors (After the Iron Bane , Regeneration (Mass Regeneration if you can), Haste, Relief, Weapons of Sharpness.

For an Air Random pick I like to use Healing Mists.

For Pandimoniacs you don't have alot of options except the Nature spells and Harm. 2 or 3 Harms can really mess up heavy attacking forces.