View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How the heck . . .

In the strategy newsGroups I often make comparisons with Stars which is a space-conquest PBEM. Its popularity was much the same thing but with not nearly as many races/upgrades/options. But the people who loved Stars I feel will love Dominions for the same reasons.

Stars unfortunately is old now. Not really a problem with things like graphics or solo play for awhile but when you get into the multiplayer it feels like nothing you try hasnt already been analyzed to death. They never did find a publisher to put out their #2 Version.

I had Dom1 for 3 years and never felt it had gotten to the "no new answers" place that Stars did. I think the devs will be able to stay ahead of it with Dom2 also.

[ February 06, 2004, 13:27: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)