View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2004, 09:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

Esben Mose Hansen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Full HowtheGodsKill

First I would like to state that I think that Norfleet is a truly valuable asset in these forum, and one of the very best strategist that readily helps people out with hints and tips. But post like the above (well, below in this inverse forum world) both saddens and angers me. So I have attempted a response.

Quote:
Originally posted by Norfleet:
What *I* want to know is why the gazumper never attempts to return to his game.
I'm guessing that they forget about it. Or maybe they were just fooling around, not realizing that they sabotaged something. Or maybe they just missed the prober buttom. In any case, they probably don't own up out of shame or or simply unawareness of the problem they have caused.

Quote:

[..]
This is very perplexing, and as a result, I strongly suspect that the people performing the gazumping are, in fact, doing this maliciously. The newly added warning will thus do nothing. Therefore, I once again advocate my solution of, first, replacing the unreliable and insecure Dom2 upload screen with a dedicated web-based interface, that simultaneously allows for accountability of uploads, and prevents any such gazumping from occurring. I'd also recommend figuring out how to set a trap for said malicious gazumpers, so that when they attempt to do this, they can be immediately Banned on sight.
Malicious actions are suprisingly rare, and are almost always between people who care or done as some sort of protest. Evil people are just plain rare, in my experience. Inconsiderate, self-centered, whining --- yes, we all are to some degree. But evil? No.

Anyway, according to yourself in another thread which I don't care to dig up right now, a whiner is somebody who complains about a situation and states that he wishes to change this. So, I suppose you are now a self-convicted whiner. I may implement an upload interface at some point, but it is not exactly at the top of my list. I welcome patchers, though. And I'm certainly not going to trap people. I could make it so only people who are invited could join. And that is as far as I am going to go in this regard.