View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM

Private

SaTyR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some New (Water) Spells

Rituals:

-Lurker crab
Slow strategic movement, but "flying" in battle. High strength pincer attack. Stealth ? Low tech

-Old one
Giant tortoise battletower. High protection, slow, maybe trample (?) and/or high strength bite. Coral tower on top of the shield fires arrows. Mid tech

-Frost giant
Summonable "Niefel giant", maybe throwing iceblocks and with a Caelum like armor (protection depends on coldness of the province). High tech

-Ice men
(think vine men here), maybe with a chill effect ? low tech

-Poseidon's net
"Ravens fiest" on a water province, water magic variant. "Poseidon strings a mighty net across the ocean to catch the essence of the dead and dying warriors" or somesuch...

-Tears of the Mother
"Ravens fiest" on a land province but castable with a water mage. "Tears of the Earth mother carry the essence of the dead warriors along hiddens currents underneath the surface to the lab of the mage"...

-Ice fort
Instant fort, Watch tower type ? (and come on, it wont melt, it's MAGIC )

Battle:

-Hardening ice
Stoneskin/ironskin/steelskin variant for water mages, depends on the coldness of the province.

-Liquid tension
Air shield typish thingy. Low protection from arrows maybe (50 %) ?

I'll leave the cost in gems, needed paths etc. for you to come up with. I'm just throwing ideas around. I like Jotun and (gulp, might I be the only one ?) Atlantis and do find water magic a bit lacking on the ritual department. I liked the original ideas from the start of the thread. Water already has nice offensive spells AND quickness AND BoW, but there has to be a better use for water gems than clam hoarding.

First post (might be the Last, I'm a lurker by nature), great game btw. many a sleepless night have gone by with this one, thanks Illwinter.

(Oh, and sorry for the fetish with the ice, I'm Finnish )