View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2004 Presidential Election.

Quote:
Gozra said:
IT has been made abundantly clear that there are people/organizations that intend to destroy The US and Freedom.
Two points:

1. It isn't really the US that those people/organizations are attacking, its the entire western philosophy and civilization. The US is only attacked more than other western countries due to its increased influence, and the fact that it is the epitome of what those anti-Western people hate. There are in fact other countries threatened by terrorists, such as Britain, Canada, and any other western country.

2. You mentioned "The US and Freedom" as though they were inseparable concepts, as though the US is the only "free" country. It is not, and Freedom could exist without the US, and the US could exist without freedom. They are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, with some of the laws that have been enacted in the US, such as the Patriot Act (that's what its called isn't it?), I'd say that Canada is much more a "free" country than the US is now.

I'm not intending to step on any toes here, or offend anyone, I just felt I had to state my opinion. Note that it is NOT anti-US. Thanks.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )