View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2004, 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

Zen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The one change Dom2 really needs.....

Quote:
Graeme Dice said:
I just ran the numbers on fetishes through some calcs, and with F1N1, no hammer, and income of 5 fire gems per turn, at turn 100 you can have 139 built. You'll need to also factor in the cost of whatever is holding them. With a hammer it's 255 fetishes. At F2N2, the same numbers would be 33 and 69 respectively. That's with a huge number of fire gems alchemized into nature gems though, which might not necessarily be the case.
I did a few calculations while I'm waiting for some Ibuprofen to kick in and I think I've come up with a somewhat happy medium (though if you disagree, please give case analysis why)

Clam of Pearls
2W2S Forge Requirement

10W 10S. Dwarven Hammer = 7W7S

Investment 30 Turns from Pure Astral Standpoint or 21 Turns with Hammer.

Question: When do you hit critical mass of Clams? Or, how soon can you have 50 Clams and how many Water gems/Astral gems does this take? Personal Opinion (I don't know if this fixes anything or just delays it long enough that most people don't want to commit the kind of resources to try to horde, but *might* want to forge a few for a small astral income to support Gateway/Teleport needs. This probably goes back to the same old discussion of "Water Gems = teh sux" that I don't personally agree with.)

Fever Fetish
1F2N Forge Requirement
5F 10N. w/Dwarven Hammer = 3F, 7N

Investment 25 Turns from a Pure Fire Standpoint or 17 with Hammer.

Since you can now only put 1 Fever Fetish on a Scout at a time, it increases the micromanagment and need for Scouts if you want to 'shuffle' them around. I will not add in the "Black Servant" quota of +3D because we are looking for the really anal retentive people here who will go through all their scouts and shuffle off those Fever Fetishes and put them on a new scout when they are about to die for a slight advantage.

Question: When do you hit critical mass of Fever Fetishes? Or how soon can you have 50 Fever Fetishes and how many Fire/Nature gems does this take? (Personal Opinion. The shuffling is what always killed me, when people take an extra 20 minutes to shuffle their Fever Fetishes around on their Scouts during their turn, this tells me they need some therapy)

Bloodstone
3B2E Forge Requirement
20B 10E. w/Dwarven Hammer 15B7E

Investment 10 Turns from Pure Earth Gem Standpoint or 7 with Hammer.

Bloodstones are unique in the fact that the Blood Slave component makes them harder to horde, but at the same time, being Earth and having the same path as hammers, you're virtually guarenteed to be using hammers. They also have the benefit(or detriment) of being very hard paths to combine, which actually don't exist in any one nation without the use of boosters.

Question: Bloodstones are probably about perfect because of the two factors that are associated with them. Giving up even 15 Slaves for a potential +1 Earth Income isn't all that impressive unless you *need* the Earth to support some non-blood spells. That being said, what do you think?