View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Gollarn

Quote:
Endoperez said:
I like the general feel of this mod, but can't offer much in the way of balance. SP-only experience is not enough, and when I play I just play. However, Watchers of the Depths seem very powerful. Remember, Atlantian Sea(or Deep?) Kings have Water 3, linked true random 2 and cost about the same as your Watchers of the Depths. Watchers have one more path of magic, and possibility of getting 3 or even 4 in any sorcery path. Pangaean Pani get E3N2?, and so have similar number of magics. However, you can easily get Watcher with E3 (Earth boots), N2 and ? + ? in sorcery...
You can also consider Mystics, who ahve S2 and ??? in elements. Your mages have E2 and ?2 ? ? in sorcery, and can be considered 140 gp more expensive Mystic that is guaranteed to get 2 in at least one path. The linked random also gives much better possibility of getting 3 in any sorcery magic.

I think the randoms are very powerful, but if you can strike balance between the cost and those paths, I would very much like to play with the Gollarn. That kind of diVersion is very different, because Mystics only have elemental magics... I presume they will be only available from the capitol. Maybe they should have high resource costs, or maybe they should be heroes.

And sorry, I can't do graphics any more than you! However, I would be interested to know what Gollarn look like. I think they are very small and slender, but are they dark or pale? Do they have hair? Are they clearly humanoids or closer in look to some animals?
The gold costs would probably be tweaked quite a bit if I got the mod to the stage to try. The Watcher of the Depth is probably underpriced though, maybe 400 gold. As much as some units should be capital only, there is no good way to do that with current modding. I did have some ideas about national heroes, like a Depth Diver with one in each elemental magic. As for what Gollarn look like, I hadn't really decided. They probably would be pale and without hair, but I'm not sure how humanoid.

Anyway, thanks for the input.