View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:28 PM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A gift to the modding community

Quote:
Endoperez said:
Wow, this is great! I knew that the Grimoire had this info, but as a mod it has more use.

Would it be possible to use those macros you created for spells to make weapon and armor null mods, or even UNIT null mod. With that info on easily available files and small program that "compiles" DomII mods it would be easy to make mods like to this: (snip)
For a while I was working on putting that capability into the combat simulator. It is now capable of inputting mods and outputting mods (to units and equipment only, not to spells). It has the ability to do somelimited things, too, like +X gold cost per Y resource cost, or -X precision per Y protection from armor, and even more advanced things... but currently the source code must be edited to generate mods with these changes. So it never really got up to prime time with easy usability.

I know a bit of excel programming, and I can autogenerate unit costs from their stats (given a formula) and output it in mod format, and autogenerate a mod with spell costs set to 150% for a given school (like blood) or level (like research 7+). This sort of thing might be fun for custom games. But a full mod that is fair and balanced (just like Fox News! ) takes a lot of hand tuning...