View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Software Return Policy

I should point out that with some games, like Deus 2, the box said it would not work with MX video cards. Many people did not know if they had MX video cards. Unfortunetly ALL name brand PC manufactures, as well as MOST budge video cards were MX based technology and would not run the game.

Returns were in order for those folks.

As for games like MOO3, it was NOT what was advertised and it was a horrible game and I should have returned it, but I wanted to see if they would fix it, and they did not.

99% of developers will drop a title like a hot rock if 51% of the people who bought the game denouce it. BOTF, Tribes 2, Tribes Vengeance, and MOO3 are just a few examples. In these cases people should have had the right to return the games because the publisher and developers were never going to fix the problems that the software had. Again valid reason to return.

I am a believer that a person should not get $$ back, but rather in store credit. I know there are more people out there that DO copy games, movies, and music then return them. These low life trailer trash throw backs are nothing more than theives.

If someone orders a game on line, recieves it, then tells the company that they had never received it, well that to me is BS as well, they should not get their money back.

I once ordered a few CD's from Amazon, and the FedX driver just dropped them on my porch.... needless to say I never go them. Amazon was not very helpful or sympathetic to my cause but they did help me get replacement CDS at no cost.

I am not a big fan of FedX.... They once returned a PC from repair and left it sitting on the front porch... It rained and the whole thing was saturated. My neighbor, to whom this PC belonged, was furious.... I have many more horror stories about Fed X.....

FEDX IS QUESTIONABLE.... (Or has been my experience)