Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Selection / Display / Camera Controls

RockHPI:

Thanks for your observations. I’m not on these boards as often as I should be, so you have probably already found the answers that you need, however, here goes:

There are several ‘settings’ in salvo that will help you, and I’ll do my best to cover you other points as well:

The resolution is (or should be) adjustable from the settings menu. Press ‘S’ to open settings and then pick the ‘Full screen’ display mode. Save your settings if you want Salvo to load up in full screen mode next time you load the game. Click on an empty section to close settings.

Choppy Camera. There is a limitation on what the display system can do, but I am working on some improvements that will help.

Water. <Sigh> I’m not sure I’ll be able to revisit that before the game goes gold, but I’m not counting it out.

Battle Reports: There is a setting explicitly for this. Set ‘Message Interval’ to 4 or 5 and you should have a lot longer to view the messages. If the message is there too long, you can also dismiss it by clicking on it.

Thanks again for your feedback – Its good to know the negative as well as the positive, and I do appreciate your positive comments as well.<G>

-------ALSO----------
Sorry for the recent neglect – Iv got two factors running interference on my development and specially my internet time. The first is a house guest sleeping in the old internet room, and the other is a family obligation/vacation. However, things (both) should clear up in next few days and I can get back to cranking on Salvo and these forums.
---------------------

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty