View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2005, 09:24 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: errors in existing OOB\'s

Errors in the UK OOB.

While It's intresting to note that we've been thinking the same on some ideas (Check out my UK OOB, done for DosMBT 3.01), There are some big errors in my oppion in the OOB.

The Bigest is the SA-80. Why's everyone in the OOB carrying the non-combat arms SA-80? The Sight makes it accurate out to 800ish meters.

Other stuff:
Sabre was withdrawn last year for being rubbish. Scimitar with TI is still in service.

The support sections wepaons are a tad wrong in my understanding. It looks like you've combined the Comand section and the support section in platoon into one unit. If so then there shouldn't be a third GPMG or a snipers rifle.

Scarab isn't used by the UK, its an export for Belgium.

RGGS? I'm guessing this is the Underslung Greande Launcher (UGL)?

BV202/206 has a bren AAMG, even in 2020! and the Viking wich is the current RM comando vehicle is a different beast to the BV 206.

Pioneer's, are you not getting confused with Royal enginers? Pioneer's are just muscle. used for all the dirty jobs, like digging graves and such.

There's other stuff, or so I belive (No FRES?, No Recce Aircraft? No Sheilder!! the one I particly proud of...). My old OOB is still kicking around on the Yahoo mailing list. I belive it's a better rendition, It also has dedicated Icons for most of the vehicles.

If you wan't more justifcation or disscussion, I'm happy to provide.

Sorry to take up so much space on a whine.

Note: The Icons I did for it, are currently being Re-done by PlasmaKrab.