View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:01 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: errors in existing OOB\'s

Quote:

A couple of years ago first Mi-28N Havoc-B was said to enter service in 2005. Anyone got information about this?
And a couple of years earlier, it was meant to enter service in 2003, 2000, and so on...

On the other hand, I heard (a couple of years ago too) that Finland was considering it as a contender for their future attack helo procurment, and maybe Sweden as well (?). Any new on how this has gotten forwards?

So, Kone, you mean that nearly all Hind versions up to present day have a vision of 30 or so? What about the Eastern Europe countries? Some were bound to upgrade theirs anytime.

And, yes, Mi-24 D carries YakB gatling, AT-2 missiles and generally S-5 rockets, Mi-24 V Hind E switches to AT-6 and S-8 as standard pack, but retains the YakB; only the Mi-24 P has the GSh-30 cannon.
Eyxports versions are another matter yet.

Now about bombs, I don't know what it would give to fit that on helos. Presumably it would work (as in "no game crash"), but I don't know if the helos would be able to handle that correctly. They tend to flee when tehey get too much hits, and any rifle squad can take on a Hind at 2 hexes. Besides, since the bombs range is 1 hex, I fear the helos will tend to consider them as any other weapon and fire the bomb on the hex in front of them, which would look quite silly.
Of course, you can always use Hind or Hip icons to represent makeshift level bombers... That would look silly as well, but here that would be the kind of silliness which can come from the actual forces, and not only the game models, which is always an improvement!