Thread: Silly Senario's
View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,494 Times in 2,714 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Silly Senario\'s

OK, here's what the designer had to say...

".........many of my scenarios do not fit well into the draw / minor victory / major victory etc. categories. For my scenarios, I've always considered it a win if you simply have more points than your opponent. And the more points you win by, the bigger the win........"

Now, I realize that this does not fit into the prevailing "sceanrio orthodoxy" where people demand a "victory" blessing from the computer and I also realize that yes.... that should have been included with the text file introduction but as CB wrote to me as well...

"I have thought about mentioning that in the .txt files but I don't recall anyone complaining about it before..."

and truth be told.... neither have I and that sceanrio has been included in the game for two or three years now. I also know that most of the scenarios ARE "winnable" by the traditional SP Minor or Major Victory criteria so it's not like there are dozens and dozens in the game like this one.

So for that scenario, if you get more points than the AI does.. you win and there are lot's of V hexes to take to give you options and nobody, to my knowledge ever has or ever will take them all but you don't have to take them all to win. You just need one point more than the AI and next time you play maybe you get 100 points more and that's a bigger victory and maybe you come back to it in a year and get 250 points more and that's a bigger vistory still

I know this won't make some of you happy but I learned long ago that's impossible. There are people who think we are jerks for abandoning DOS. If this still leaves a few of you unconvinced there is an editor included with the game. Edit away.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..