View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM

Private

ooheadsoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Impressions (speed of light)

The practical problem I have is that the battles go by so fast, that by the time I actually move into the range of my/the enemy's weapons, there's hardly enough time to employ any strategy or technique to overcome a disadvantage. It's difficult to mouse over a moving ship for more than a split second before it slips away from under the cursor and I don't want to break my immersion and pause the game in order to mouse over all the ships. Maybe a lot of what I'm complaining about stems from the fact that I always play on the hard difficulty and am therefore almost always at a disadvantage, but I really don't think the player should be called to pause the game just to find out if his shield generator has been disabled. It is in this case that I think that a player is being pulled OUT of a game because of the lack of readily available indicators. When I'm fighting 3 or 5 on 1, I know that with the right equipment, I actually do have a fighting chance, but I usually die in this new iteration of Infinite Space because I didn't know I was so close to dying or I didn't know I had already knocked out an enemy's weapons and could better use my time changing targets, etc.

It would be a great to have the indicators as an option, to keep everyone happy.