View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2006, 12:27 PM

Private

TaoLibra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 10 questions from the devs.

1) My favorite Feature is the "Quest" for the big D (sparked by finding the HoP), and I wish there were more quests like that in the game. My favorite Item is the whole category of "Artifacts," because experimenting to find out what they do is fun. For similar reasons, I also enjoy items that have a hidden function that isn't immediately apparent -- like the Lookout Frogs, the Toy Robot, the Mantle, etc.. It would be really cool if there were even more of these, too.

2) I very much liked being able to set those little "waypoints" in SAIS; so NOT being able to do that is my least favorite Feature of WW. I also really preferred the larger ship displays set to the side of the combat screen in SAIS, and I find the hover-displays in WW more than a little annoying. My least favorite Items are all the useless junk at the bottom of the scale: Explosive Shell Chaingun, Structural Gluon Shield, Pulse Detonation Thrusters, etc.. They may be necessary as starting items, but it really annoys me to find something that useless on a planet somewhere. Quite a few of the weaker weapons are totally pointless, too -- the Gatling Laser, the Electron Accelerator, etc. -- and I never use them for anything but trade fodder to buy something more worthwhile. I'd rather not find them at all, and just find bags of gold instead, since that's all they're good for.

3) Definitely the largest map. I play that almost exclusively.

4) I like (and play) all three ships, but obviously the big military Frigate is the show-stopper.

5) All of the bosses feel just about right, I think. They're all powerful enough to splatter you like a fly on their windshields -- but if you're well-armed and know what you're doing, you can take them. I particularly like the Kawangi in WW, because it is now possible to defeat him in combat -- which was damned near IMpossible in SAIS.

6) I'm not sure what the question means... but if "risky" means trying to tackle enemies without being confident of beating them, then NO, not really. I will take small groups of enemies as I come across them, but I save the tough groups for later -- after I've found every possible weapon, system, and ally on the map. If I find the Mirror, I'll even use it to acquire items from those tough groups before I fight them.

7) Not really, no... but perhaps I might, if there were more opportunities to feel like I was interacting with the game's other characters. (See my answer to #9.)

8) Yup!

9) I don't really feel like the characters are very noticeable, at least not AS "characters" rather than as mere portraits that you glimpse briefly. There isn't a whole lot of personality to any of them, and there's no real opportunity to interact with them at all, so it's difficult to say which I "like" best.

10) Yup!