View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM

Private

snake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Would like to see?

Charles,
Exactly, the VP's are always on the map and visible even during deployment.
That's what would be cool - if some or all VP's based on mission type were chosen by the computer but were not visible on the map during deployment or play.
In other words, neither side knows where the random VP hexes are until a unit enters the hex then the flag appears owned by the side entering the hex.
Or, for my blitz mission example, I can see my exit hexes VP flags on the map where I must exit units to earn points but you, my opponent, can't see those flags. You know I'm blitzing and I have one or two exit hexes somewhere on your side of the map but you don't know exactly where (real life FOW). So you have to protect your side without knowing exactly where I will strike. I need to blitz through to my hexes before you figure out where they probably are based on my movements (watch out, could be an end around fake...).
A meeting example. We both deploy on a map without any visible VP hexes - they could be anywhere. We both maneuver and 'wham!' I enter a computer generated hex and the flag pops up in my country colors. You suddenly see it too and it's behind you! Imagine the possibilities compared to a map where we both see hugh clusters of VP's from the start.
That's my idea. Similar to scenarios where the creators pick hexes to generate when certain conditions are met.