View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2006, 08:38 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ME262 wrong guns?

Hi Narwan
Heres the test,
The 7.5 bcannon set to HE pen of 17 and HE kill of 1. Shoot at 10 Kvs 2 planes for each hex and *4 for no of guns. I have a jeep a bren gun carrier and an infantry squad sharing each hex with the KV, no damage to infantry, no damage to jeeps 1 bren damaged but it may have been a target. 4 Kvs with one or 2 star damage 2 immobilised.
Now run the same test with HE pen of 0 and He kill of 0 and sabot pen of 17 and sabot range of 25 and again the bren the jeep and the infantry basicly untouched but the KV are pretty much all destroyed!
So HE pen of 17 seems very different to Sabot pen of 17. Would someone be so kind as to confirm this?
I would suggest that the guns in question (weapons 207 208 209 and 168/169) have their HE pen and HE kill set ot 0 and the correct sabot values added making them the tank busters they should be, because at the moment they are pretty useless. (probably any planes carrying these weapons should reside in class 243 "ground attack")
The only down side I can see is of course more work for the programmers, because there still needs to be the 1 HE round allocated to the plane so that it appears in the bombardment window. But even with this left as is the planes work much better with the sabot allocated.
So to address Andys concerns there is no "mass destruction" and the plane will fire the sabot round at armour.
Best regards Chuck.