View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Sergeant

Beorne is on a distinguished road
Default My wishes, what the devs should focus into

First sorry for my not perfect English.
Dom3 has been out from less than a week and I see tens of requests/enhancements threads, most focussing on big enhancements, new options, ai improvement and so on. I think the best thing devs should work into is bug correction and enhancing the background/flavor of the game. Is very important that units are like the descriptions, and descriptions be creative and rich.
The rant I found most interesting has been that of rev. Zombie about Pangea and Marignon and Man losing their fascination because of inconsistencies.
For me Dom2 is much better than the rest of strategic games not for technicalities or sp or mp playability, but from the very professional and creative work Kristoffer O has put in the background. I think this is the field where the devs should play, correcting inconsistencies and enhancing atmosphere. I don't bear a lot there isn't a shortcut key to make something or ai is't so expert. I mind about seeing a carrion walking quietly around in an almost industrialized nation.
Aside that, making AI improvement is a very difficult, time consuming and bug forging activity, while making creative work on consistency and background is much more rewarding.
My two cents.