View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2006, 05:16 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Insightful (re: Amish shooting)

Xrati: that's far too cynical. You think the world is getting worse because that's the only thing the news likes to report, and we're getting news from all over the world. And technology..if you really look at history, most innovation has been driven by war or mass death. Disturbing, but its not a sign of a "world in decline".

For example, the worst American school killing wasn't in this decade. Or the 90s. Or the 80s. It was in 1927, when a school board member blew up a newly built elemttary school because he felt it had cost too much to build. While it was in session..

As for medicine, look up causes of death sometime. A 100 years ago, it was infectious disease mostly. Now? Diseases that are mostly causes by obesity Think about that one for a moment. It used to be being fat was a status symbol because it meant you were richenough to afford all that food!

RonGianti: it isn't just women you know. Murders don't make the news unless they're similar to another one or there's something odd about them.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger