View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:46 AM

First Lieutenant

alexti is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helheim Superpower!

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
I said it was possible. Whether or not its preferable I think lies more in what a persons preferred methods are. An advantage of stealth is not getting caught. You can pull back into provinces they dont own. It helps to tie up alot of their manpower hunting you or their gold buying PD. Also Pangea, if you use Pans, can toss attacking maenads as they move stealthy thru an area.
I don't think that "personally preferred methods" has any role here. I'm consider the situation when Caelum player act efficiently and not trying to role-play and the opponent is trying to employ the best possible counter-strategy.

You're correct that steath allows you to escape, but it cost you a turn (which means your effective number of raiding party is halved while you still pay full upkeep) and when you attack you always face Caelum's raiding squad (or worse) which means you suffer losses and getting replacement back to the front takes time. Caelum has no need to hunt your stealthy raiders, they just take all provinces. There will be accidental clashes with your raiders and this kind of attrition is in Caelum's favour. In a few turns you'll find yourself with about as many provinces as the number of your stealth raider parties and this number will keep shrinking...