View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM

Corporal

dita is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New scenario UK Vs Iraq 1991

Thanks for the feed back.

A couple of things. I`ve fixed the iraqi forces to simulate an ambush/at rest force, perhaps fixing all the forces puts too much of a limit.

The Iraqi scout section has waypoints set to come from the Northern edge to come over the hill towards the oasis. I may have set the VH on the hill to low so the AI ignores it!!! Does the AI follow the waypoints regardless of VH conditions? I don’t think so? Any suggestions?

As a starting scenario to a campaign the idea is that the player is not expecting such a force in the area. The Iraqi reserve troops caught taking a "rest" at the oasis so the two forces clash.

The campaign narrative would then go on to describe what had just happened....

My original briefing did mention forces to the very far north but are believed to be no threat, as to at least “hint” there maybe trouble, but I dropped that out to enable the “complete” surprise element.

I think I was perhaps a bit to inspired by such WW2 SAS antics! Although one account I`ve read does describe an Iraqi scout column approaching a SAS column in the gulf believing to be friendly, needless to say, the SAS took on the force….

Other scenarios I`m thinking about is observation/air strike on a convoy (will really have to master waypoints here!) and attack on SAM site/Scud site.

Wll certainly use the experiment with turn increases.