View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Corporal

dlazov is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long Campaign - German - Abrevated AAR

Well so much for abbreviated.

Battle 6.

Meeting engagement. Three circular groups of VH. I put the Tigers in the North, the Panthers in the south and put a platoon of infantry on each. In the center I put the last platoon with the HQ units and the 2 x 251/17 AA tracks. I deployed the other Infantry company with 2 x platoon's in the south and one in the north, each backed up with there 3 x stug/g platoon. So that essentially makes the North route my weakest (one tiger platoon, one StuG platoon, and two infantry platoons). The South route has the panther platoon and two StuG platoons and three platoons of infantry. Leaving the centre with only one infantry platoon, but both the north and south can reinforce them if needed. The main reason for this deployment is the heavy woods in the center and the north but the north has an east-west road.

First contact on turn 3 and heavy contact by turn 6. Several StuG have one kill already and the Russians are coming on strong. The slightly heavy attack from the Soviets in the south has been repelled, but their 82mm have hit the exposed infantry causing a lot of pins. Have to move the vehicles out so there tracks don't get hit. Heavy attack from Russians in the north, but the Soviets have smarted up. They are avoiding my Tigers like the plague and going after the StuG and infantry, they are just across the tree line. The Tigers can't see them, but "global" I can see them 100 meters away. Learned from the past, don't get within 100 meters of T-34's if you can help it, that is what killed my last tiger.

Damn, O2 StuG just got destroy! He killed his first T-34 and another one destroyed him.

Getting into the thick of it now.

Well, the Soviets rushed in and grabbed all 21 VH while I was slowly advancing, but now it's costing him more then me. It's turn 10 of 29 so I feel my forces can take him.

Crescendo of battle proceeding normally.

Yeah, Voss (Panther I4) just got his 30th Kill he now joins the ranks of Wiedemann with 31 kills in Tiger G0. Langer (Tiger G1) just got his 30th kill. Of course next turn Langer lost his tank from a Su-76, but he bailed.

Well the rest of the battle was pretty much a mop up operation. Got another DV.

Repaired all units got another 1978 points to spend. Do I expand the core or not? Right now I am pretty happy, have one really experienced Rifle Company. One somewhat experienced Rifle company, 2 very experienced tank platoons, and one StuG batterie that is learning. I also have 2 x 251/17 AA tracks and the only two pieces left to add to my core forces would be a mech pioneer platoon and some organic mech mortars.

Okay I bought a Pionier Zug (gep) with the SturmPio(flam) and a PzAufklBt(sGrW) platoon with the 250/8 (75mm) and the 251/2 GrW mortars.

My total force value is 4005. Man I wanted to buy either a 14 tank company or a platoon of panthers. I still have 1525 left. Okay, I will be prudent and save my points for another day.

NOTE: Increased the map width to 100

Battle 7 Mission:
Delay
Voroshilovgrad 8/43

I now have the following forces for the next mission:

Units: 73
Formations 19

G0 Tiger - Kills 31
G1 Tiger - Kills 30
G2 Tiger - Kills 20
G3 Tiger - Kills 13
G4 Tiger - Kills 06