View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Private

PPoS is on a distinguished road
Default Armoured Company HQ

Hello to everyone, great to be a part of this game and the forum ! I've been playing WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT for quite a while now and I must say there's no other game with the same amount of amusement and detail, great job !

Now on to my problem ..
I've just started my own little pet project with a campaign that starts in September 1939 with the German invasion of Poland. Now I want to keep it as authentic and realistic as possible and I run into a slight problem. The first mission is an Blitz assault on a large Polish city which is spearheaded by two German Panzer companies and supported by mech. infantry among other things.
Now if one look at the different German Panzer companies that are avaible to buy they are (probably, no doubts) authentic, but my sources states that the German light panzer company consisted of Panzer I's, Panzer II's and either Panzer III's or Czech Panzer 38's or 35's. Now here's where the problem comes into the picture, I want to have to light panzer companies consisting of a mix of Panzer I's and Panzer II's, which isn't really possible. And second, I want company HQ tanks ! I mean real Panzer Befehlswagen's like the Panzer Befehlswagen I or III but this insn't really possible either 'cause there are none of these modeled except the Panzer Bf.W.I which is a FO vehicle, can one simply cross-attach platoons to make this work ?