View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:40 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AH TL Jul43-46 Campaign KG Griffon

KG Griffon War Diary 14 Sept 1943

KG Griffon moved smartly forward and quickly occupied our most of the objective, accept the southern rise. Enemy resistance to our move was heavy, but not beyond our means to repel.

The only real surprise was one tank company tried to sneak thru the woods in the northern part of my AOR, (SEE ATTACHED MAP) but he was finally spotted by a HUBZ. I made sure they had a warm reception when they topped the north ridge.

The demise of the northern tank attack stopped the Americans in their tracks.

Of note, none of the reported up gunned Shermans showed up with this unit. The only large (Kp plus) infantry unit was used on my south flank but was poorly supported. Arty attacks were only of a harassing nature and JABO attacks were largely ineffective, 2 Thunderbolts were smoking as they flew away.

Only big loss was my 3rd Kp CO and his squad were wiped out by a stray 105 round hitting their 251 dead on while taking the southern objective. 5 other HT’s and a 233 were taken out by arty and two real ballzy bazooka teams.

Late in day we were told of the cessations of hostilities in Russia, situation is unclear but is sounds like the Stalin is dead and the Red Army is in revolt.

Obersturmbannführer PanzerBob [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Poison.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 536648-SSKG !.jpg (96.0 KB, 317 views)

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe