View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Map-in-Progress: Ye Olde Worlde

Wow! I'm in the midst of one of those "unexplained absences" and have managed to snag some wi-fi time. I'm glad everyone is excited about the map! Since last I updated, the Empire, Bretonnia, Estalia, Tilea, and the Border Principalities have been drawn. I might even tease you with another preview in a day or two.

I've decided to go for the gusto and include the Under-empire as well as local networks of Dwarven holds so expect the unexpected beneath the surface of the World.

Aezeal: I am mostly copying and pasting the raw images one mountain at a time. Some of the CC3 images are streamlined to make this easier when, for instance, creating forests, but it is still a piece-by-piece adventure on my part. I prefer it that way, but CC3 can automatically draw terrain just like that through its own tools. I would have no problem providing you with the original artwork I'm using, but highly suspect that to do so would violate the end user agreement for CC3. I can point you toward ProFantasy.com, however...

Sombre: Regarding starting locations and scenario set-ups, I have been mulling these questions, but they're still a ways off and minor considerations at the moment. I still have to draw the rest of the map and figure out what Cathay should look like! The Warhammer World is indeed crammed with stuff. I've been referencing some WHF roleplay maps when drawing and have been astounded as to the detail available in some regions.

As for the Empire's starting location, Ermor will start in the Empire in the EA and move to the Border Principalities in MA before finally ending up in the Land of the Dead in LA. I'm thinking of putting Pythium there (heart of the Empire) in MA and possibly Marignon in LA. Sauromatia will be closer by, probably in Kislev. I'll work up a full working list later on and we can toss it back and forth.