BANNED USER

Deputy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOBs way out of whack?

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Deputy said:

<snip>
Since each hex is 250 meters across (273 yards), longer than 2 1/2 football fields, any submachinegun killing anything beyond the hex IT'S LOCATED IN, is simply ridiculous. In other words, to actually get any kills with a submachinegun, you should need to be IN THE SAME HEX, at the very least. Even then, it would be iffy as far as number of kills. If both opponents were at the opposite sides of the hex, I doubt the submachingun would do anything more than just make noise. But we do have to allow SOME stretch of realism for gameplay's sake. It's just the current settings are stretched too far. The Thompson and MP38/40 is shown as having a 3 hex range. No way!!

Dep

It just gets better and better. This further confirms what I said earlier, you barely understand the way the game works but know all about whats "wrong" with it and here's a glaring example. Each hex in the game is 50 metres/yards across, not "250 meters across".

Maybe printing out the game guide and READING it might be helpful to you ?

Don
I saw that after it was pointed out by someone else. Doesn't change a thing. Subguns should NOT be able to fire further than 50 meters. Do you OWN a subgun? Ever fired one? I own TWO and have fired them both at a shooting range and in a REAL war. And I'm not talking about "virtual" subguns in computer games.