View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Making a Map Database?

Sorry, haven't read the full thread, just picked up some bits and pieces. I would be interested in something that tracks maps, too. It doesn't have to be fancy, should just have the following, preferably with some filtering / grouping options: Name of map, creator, number of land / water provinces, number of starting points (if any), suggested number of players, preview image if possible.

I'd be interested in creating something that does this, but I usually need a muse. Read: show me something similar, like for Warcraft or Starcraft maps or something like that, and I might "borrow" (steal, or rather recreate) what they have. I don't really like to start something from the scratch, but show me something and I'll do lots of improvements to it.

Quote:
Wikd Thots said:
I think that a lot of the projects have been hosted on gandolfs servers. Does anyone know if those are still running? His domains seem to still work but maybe it's just in my cache since nothing seems updated for some time. And his hosted games seem dead.
Gandalf has gone quiet on the forums since some weeks, which I have noticed earlier aswell. But he's still reachable, I sent him a PM a while ago and he replied in a short time. My games including the web things are hosted on his servers.
Emergency comic relief