View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBW needs your help

But wouldn't eliminating the image files cause the game to revert to using the Abbidon(or whatever it defaults to) shipset? Or are you saying all that is neccesary to keep the empire linked to the proper shipset is that the server has the properly named folder in the empire directory? Geo raises hand and prepares to slap himself upside the head...

Edit: No, that's not right. An empty folder wont work. Is it just some specific text files? Or a certain one or few image files? The turns will process with nothing. What I need to know is how little can they process and not change the empire image the next time the player opens their turn.

This should only affect player empires anyway. If they miss their turn and the AI takes over, whether it follows the AI behavior prescribed by the particular mod they are using will be the least of their concerns. The issue of AI behavior would be nice to deal with, but probably beyond the scope of what I will be able to accomplish. There are simply too many variables.

All I'm trying to do is make it so you can use a custom shipset in a PBW game and your empire will still look like it's supposed too when you get your turn back from PBW.