View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:40 AM

Sergeant

Frostmourne27 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA arcosephele - bless strategy?

Quote:
Wick said:

I've done a stupid amount of testing of "How many of a vast hoard of heavy infantry (ID 40) can 600g of <unit_type> kill before dying." In a four battle trial the Wind Riders scored a total of 19. The median for recruitable sacred troops (57 types, null blessed) is 63. The Heavy Infantry got 79 against themselves, which was a slightly better then the overall median. Basically, the implication is if you have a strong bless multiplying the Wind Riders 400% then they are as strong as independent infantry.

Certainly, the test is pretty simplistic. It's biased against archers and in favor of tramplers and poison. However, the results tend to be stable and to approximate the conventional wisdom -- which includes, Wind Riders aren't worth a bless strategy.
Well, I'm not necessarily going to argue with conventional wisdom, but sacreds are occasionally used against something other than heavy infantry, and some sacreds benefit from blesses more than others do, IMHO. Especially since in the early era, heavy infantry is comparatively less common. I would, however, still agree that EA Arco isn't a bless nation. Just compare Wind Riders to what is established as good sacreds - they aren't terrible, but three of them probably won't beat most indiy provinces.

As a somewhat OT note, what do people think of Hinom's sacred giant? The Melqart is awesome, able to solo most EA poptypes no proeblem, and Hinom can eaven heal it, but what about the units? There doesn't really seem to be a whole lot of point to them...