View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:15 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KingMaker - let the Ascension War commence!

Okay, so a couple of notes on the Kingmaker mod.....

First thing that strikes me, there are NO level 6 spells in any school? Is this intentional....? I didn't go hunting around to see if they were shoved into 5 and 7, but even if they were, what?

Second, Personal Luck is set to level 0? Doesn't that give nations with an awake SC an incredible advantage? I mean normally if you make attacks in the first several turns with your pretender, your buffs are pretty much limited to Air Shield and Twist Fate, no? Adding in Personal Luck, and Breath of Winter, could give a huge advantage. Forgive me if these spells were specifically discussed in the other thread, 750 posts is more than I could stomach.

(Edit: Also, all of the Evocations that were moved to 0 are water, fire, and astral..... why not, say, Vine Arrow or Lightning Bolt?)

Also, Bind Spine Devils, and Bind Bone Fiends are set to level 0? Again, this seems to give a very compelling start of game advantage to blood nations, as they can research in other directions and yet with just a small amount of effort, get a squad of flying demons together.

On a lighter note, Elephant Corps on turn 1??? What happens if multiple nations bid 400g, is the winner selected randomly?