View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions Nations Evaluations ;)

Okay, in that case, with the understanding that the late-game numbers are quite fuzzy:

EA Agartha 2 4 3 3 ? (Have to learn national summons to play well.)
EA Ulm 4 3 3 4 ? (Piles and piles of excellent troops, have to learn to forge earth boots.)
EA Helheim 5 4 3 3 ? (Easy to learn bless strats for the early game, harder to learn to use thugs and air magic. Poor research.)
EA Niefelheim 5 4 4 4 ? (Easy to learn bless strats and skinshifters.)
EA C'tis 4 4 5 4 ? (Excellent troops, pretty to learn some options for death mages. Have to learn to diversify in late game.)
EA Yomi 4 2 4 2 ? (Oni Kings are easy, have to learn to use everything else.)
EA Marverni 3 4 4 2 ? (Not everyone sees the potential at first. Read Baalz's guide for pointers.)
EA Ermor 4 4 4 4 ? (Excellent troops + battlemages, like C'tis but with better diversity.)
EA Lanka 5 5 5 4 ? (Early game bless is simple, blood magic more complicated later on.)

MA Ashdod 5 5 5 4 ? (Excellent battlemages, good troops and PD.)

LA Agartha 4 5 4 3 ? (Have to learn effective expansion strategies, and how to use national summons. Poor mapmove except for summons.)

The average is high because I've mostly played with nations that seem strong and/or interesting to me, and I didn't feel qualified to rate those that I haven't played with. Even the nations that are rated low could be quite powerful in the endgame if you have a good gem/gold economy or branch out to other magic paths via your pretender/certain indies.

-Max

Edit: Revised Helheim's rating downward. Revised EA Ermor early-game rating downward. Revised Ulm slightly upward.

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]