View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM

Corporal

Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: D&D 4e or: Wanna slaughter some minions?

I have read about OpenRPG being buggy on the maps and miniatures. If you have a better alternative, great, let's use that. Just say the word and we'll download all the RPtools.

Do you think that with this much interest we could get everything together for a first session this Saturday, the day after tomorrow? Strike while the iron is hot, as my dwarf weaponsmith friend says.

Unaligned is flexible and fine by me (though I'd rather not see unaligned paladins...) I can fit a character to whatever you decide but I feel an Evil party would be more challenging for you as a DM: what kind of quests will we undertake, rescue the beautiful ogre from the wicked princess?

Astorax, pick a character and stick with it! I like to be in a supporting role so I'm the wizard or cleric. I've already thought up characterizations for both. There are eight classes so there should be plenty of choice for six characters, but there is nothing wrong with doubling up (two rogues or two fighters make perfect sense for a mercenary party.) I guess ideally we should have two frontline tanks and two supporters (one wizard, one warlord or cleric,) but in a pinch the cleric or warlord can double as a frontline trooper if he's built to handle melee. Because a paladin can also provide healing and the warlord can provide buffs, the party doesn't really have to include a cleric. That means we can have as many as three strikers as long as three characters total accept frontline melee builds. Let me know if I'm talking out my bumhole, but I'm saying we can all decide on characters pretty freely so we can get to playing soon.