View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:20 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Announcement Re: Editing

WOO HOO!!! I have a purpose in life again!!!

Ok, that sounds kinda pathetic, but whatever.

Now for my own request: Is there any way that the first post we're able to edit could be extended to a maximum of 15,000, instead of 10,000 characters? I realize that's a third again as long as other postings, but if they're the only ones we're allowed to edit, in a lot of cases we're going to eventually need that extra space.

Since the alternative is starting atleast two posts, I think it would be a wise tradeoff. I don't mind doing 2 instead of one, but for sake of board-cleanliness, it might be for the best.

Edit: Actually, in all honesty, my longest posted threads are already over the 15,000 character mark (the longest recent one is nearly 18,000), so I'll probably have to start another thread for each, even if the limit is raised. I still think it's probably a good idea to allow the first post extra room, though, and I'd even be willing to truncate the ones I do have, to fit that limit, as long as I had plenty of time and notice to save the ones I want to save.

Sorry for any extra work this might entail. I do very much appreciate what you've done already!

Last edited by HoneyBadger; August 14th, 2008 at 08:34 PM..