Foodstamp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paralysis is overpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Paralyze is not that scary. It will always target the highest hit point unit, so you just need to bring along another SC to be the target and give him lead shield, rainbow armor, astral cap and AMA for 31 MR.

What is more, the paralyze spammers will continue to cast paralyze on the already paralyzed unit if there are no more targets of his size. Bring one elephant with your army and you'll see that he continues to be targeted even when already paralyzed.
This is confirmed as NOT TRUE.

I had a Size 3 prophet with ~150ish hp and 3 size 6 heros with 72hp.

Only the first paralyze went to the prophet. When it made its save, subsequent paralyzes went to various heroes.

But this is pretty obvious in fact; were it true you would never have more than one unit paralyzed in a fight.

The selection algorythmn has to be based on other factors. I suggest that hp, size, and closeness are all relevent, as is whether the unit is already paralyzed.

Then it's a combination of size and hit points. Nevertheless it is quite easy to find one unit to bring along that you will be sure is going to get targeted. Just make sure he is big and meaty.
Psycho is speaking from experience. We were both in an MP game and he was playing Kailasa. His strategy centered around spamming paralyze and it was pretty effective until I (Caelum) started bringing enough mammoths to protect my high HP mages.

When it was just my mages (~14ish HP / size 3) and my regular troops (~10ish HP / size 3) the mages were the only ones targeted.