View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about diplomacy

I think it's worth clarifying things a bit...
First, the game situation is very far from what Kuritza describes, believe me.
Second, this agreement was proposed by person who now tries to violate it. We've been engaged into constant never-ending war while their team was killing easy targets and fighting nobody in fact. And as they thought they could grow even fatter until turn 60, they suggested a NAP until then. We really had no choice other than to accept it, because we were fighting several other teams at the moment. As usual...
But all this has nothing to do with the poll. The issue of the poll is not "Will you break an agreement under some circumstances?", it is "Do you think it is possible to break an agreement and not keep your word?". In my opinion, no conditions may justify breaking the word you gave. Otherwise your word costs nothing and everyone should now that you can't be trusted. You always have a choice (in game as well as in real life) - you may either keep your word and lose or not keep it and win but don't expect people to trust you ever again.
And I'm rather surprised with the poll results. I wish it was made public so that everyone could see who thinks that violating agreements is normal and acceptable.